- National Safety Council Course
April 15, 2017
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
With a defensive driving self-assessment risk survey and vital content on distracted driving and other leading safety issues, this course helps drivers choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors. Organization that want an “all-inclusive” driver safety training course would benefit by offering DDC 8/6 not only to their on-staff experienced licensed drivers but to all employees and their families.
This is a 6 hour Classroom Course
DDC-NY Classroom Course
As the first defensive driver training course approved in New York State, the National Safety Council DDC-NY set the standard for driver improvement. Our classroom course remains the state’s premier program, offering practical information and techniques to avoid collisions and violations. You will learn to choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors.
Point and insurance reduction benefits:
Up to 10% Insurance Premium Discount
Take DDC-NY in the classroom and save on your insurance costs. Don’t wait until your premium expires. Take DDC-NY now — and earn your insurance and point reductions. You’ll receive up to a 10% discount on your motor vehicle collision and liability insurance premium each year for three years.
The discount applies to the base rate of your automobile and motorcycle insurance premiums, provided you are listed as the principal operator. Check with your insurance carrier for specific details on your total savings.
Up to a four-point reduction on your driving record
DDC-NY may also allow you to receive up to a four-point reduction on your driving record. The course may be taken once every 18 months for the point-reduction benefit.
Who´s eligible for these benefits?
• New drivers just receiving their driver’s license • Experienced New York drivers
•Upon completion, NSC will mail a Certificate of Completion to the address you provided and will electronically notify the NYS DMV
• If you are eligible, the DMV will automatically apply the point reduction to your driving record
• You are responsible for submitting the Certificate of Completion to your insurance company, who will automatically apply the discount to your policy Drivers listed as the principal operator on their automobile and/or motorcycle insurance policies
• Violators who have incurred points on their driving record